Friday, May 2, 2008

Day 8: Petrification, Paint and Power

Wednesday, April 30th.



During the night the wind had picked up considerably. It was not much fun driving a 30ft RV in some of the strongest sustained winds I've experienced. It was fun seeing so much tumbleweed during the day though.




We drove out on I-40 to Holbrook. There, on Old Route 66, we saw the most fun motel we've seen on the trip (perhaps the inspiration for Sally's motel in Cars?). We then picked up I-180 to the entrance to the Petrified Forest. It is incredible just how many petrified tree there are there. It was VERY windy though, so we only got out to see them the once.




At the north end of Petrified Forest National Park you can see into the Painted desert.




From there we drove down to Payson, AZ for the night.

2 comments:

George GS said...

Glad you're having such a fantastic time. I love the photos. Keep posting!

Noah Braymen said...

Beautiful views! God truly is creative!

We will be praying for you, and we miss you!

In Christ,
Noah

 
Locations of visitors to this page