Here's someone else's picture of the road.
Eventually we reached the bottom, and pressed on towards Mexican hat (named after the rock pictured below) and then onto the stunning Monument valley.
By the time we had entered Arizona we the afternoon was pressing on, and we were still planning to make it as far as Williams, AZ that evening.
We'd just thought that we'd got it sorted as to what the time was when we were thrown and confused by the idiosyncratic timezone of Arizona.
Anyway, a long day mainly driving, but with some of the most incredible views we'd ever seen.
5 comments:
Wow! I'm thoroughly enjoying reading about your trip. The scenery is incredible. Keep up the blogging!
The Dryden family is very envious of the GS family road trip!!! What amazing memories!!! May God continue to grant you safety on your journey!
Oh, I miss Joshie so much already!! Miss Jeannie
It looks like so much fun! I'm terribly jealous! We miss you lots! I loved the pic of Abi writing in her journal! ;-) We'll let 1A take a peek at the blog on the SmartBoard tomorrow. :-D
Thanks so much for the journal, Miss Ries - she is writing in it every day and loving it! She's also getting loads of reading time. Thanks for all your encouragement.
Post a Comment